Statistics We're Trying To Change
of Deaf* people in the world have access to education
the age most Deaf* children think is when they will die because they never met a Deaf* adult.
of Deaf* people are under or unemployed
Both Hearing Parents 90%
At Least 1 Deaf* Parent 5%
Both Deaf* Parents 5%
And most hearing parents have never met a Deaf* person before let alone know how to support the needs of a Deaf* child. Then those parents are overwhelmed with new information and feel unsupported.
Victims of Domestic Violence
Deaf* Women 50%
Hearing Women 25%
Deaf* Men 50%
Hearing Men 17%
What if the cure for cancer is stuck in the mind of a Deaf* child who does not know how to sign?
Where Aspen (And You) Come In
Participants Benefit From Aspen Camp by
- Having a safe place to grow socially, emotionally, intellectually, morally, and physically
- Meeting peers and role models that are like them
- Learning skills that will help their academic and career paths
- Developing a healthy identity and a sense of appreciation for Deaf Culture
- Returning to the great outdoors and develop a sense of understanding and appreciation of the environment and wildlife
- Disconnecting with technology and learning how to be in the moment
- Developing leadership and communication skills so they can successfully lead the next generation
- Develop a sense of independence and a “can-do” attitude
of our campers rely on scholarships
hence donations are one of the biggest and easiest way to make a difference with us.